Looking for something interesting to read, a great podcast, an amazing movie to watch, or a cool game to fuel your creativity? If so, check out my list of personal favorites and recommendations from 2018. Granted, everyone is unique and has different tastes, but maybe you’ll find something of interest here too.
Books I Read In 2018.
- Crazy Horse by Larry McMurtry
- House of Cash by John Carter Cash
- Rebel Sea Raider by John Foster
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- Hooper’s War by Peter Van Buren
- The Island by J.L. Pattison
- Berlin Diary by William L. Shirer
- The Devil Knows How to Ride (William Quantrill) be E. Leslie
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
- I’ll Take My Stand: The South and the Agrarian Tradition
- Plain Folks of the Old South by Frank Owsley
- Jesse James Was My Neighbor by Homer Croy
- Under Siege: 3 Children at Vicksburg by Andrea Warren
- The Rage Against God by Peter Hitchens (brother of Cristopher Hitchens)
- Frank Lloyd Wright by Ada Louise Huxtable
- Pilip K. Dick: Divine Invasions by Lawrence Sutin
I’m pretty choosey about the books I read, so I didn’t have any from the above list that I didn’t like. However, if I had to pick a favorite it would hands down by The Rage Against God by Peter Hitchens. Second would be Hooper’s War and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. Third would be Philip K. Dick and Berlin Diary. I also read a bit of the Bible too, but didn’t include it in the list as I didn’t read it in it’s entirety.
Podcasts and Sites I Enjoyed In 2018
Movies and TV Shows I Enjoyed in 2018
- Searching (most unique film of 2018)
- The Creepy Line Documentary
- The Red Pill Documentary
- First Man
- A Quiet Place (Nice drama)
- Incredibles 2
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald (Fun flick)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (This & Rogue One beats TFA and TLJ hands down)
- The Black List (Reddington is amazing. ’nuff said)
- Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (just a lot of fun)
- Classic Twilight Zone (still relevant and so very well done)
- Dark Matter
- The Orville
While I’m a pretty big sci-fi and fantasy aficionado, there were still plenty of movies and TV shows I avoided, like Marvel and DC Superhero flicks (so tired of these), and Star Trek: Discovery (due to it’s preachy message and weird timeline). Classic Twilight Zone, MST3K and Dark Matter were all good shows that scratched the itch and were just fun to watch. The Orville had a few strange episodes, but it did feel like classic Trek.
Games I Enjoyed in 2018
- No Man’s Sky (great free dlc has expanded this game so much)
- Subnautica (a fun, futuristic survival game. Favorite of the year)
- Destiny 2
- Titanfall 2 (awesome mech action)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (pretty cool historical story)
- Hade’s Star (mobile)
- Star Trader’s Frontiers (mobile – Trese Brothers)
- Portal 2 (replayed again – awesome vibes)
- Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch – great exploration)
What do you think? If you want my more in-depth take on any of these titles, just ask through the comments and I’d be glad to share with you!
Want to laugh at all the crazy stuff going on in the world today? if so, check out our First Book from Shotwell Publishing! 30 AMAZING full-color illustrated pages of satire and wit – includes 12 activity pages and an amazing dystopian short story as it appeared on Lew Rockwell.com! And you won’t want to miss our AMAZING store with all the awesome stuff you WANT in order to make a cool statement to everyone you know. Find our store RIGHT HERE!